Does your homemade brown bread turn out like a brick?
If you’ve ever tried to produce tasty brown bread, only to turn out a loaf that could break a toe or a tooth, you’ll love this step-by-step bread cookbook.
Part of the You Can Always Make series, it’s an in-depth look at each ingredient, the methods you can employ to ensure your brown bread looks and tastes as good as it smells, and how to avoid disasters.
If all you want to know is what to do and when, you can follow the photo guide at a glance. If food science interests you, the content beneath each step, and the chef’s secrets section at the end not only make interesting reading, they’ll help you understand which steps are vital and which you can skip to save time without ruining your efforts.
- Great for kids, students, bachelors and the culinary challenged
- Includes 25 large step-by-step photos, so you won’t go wrong
- Learn the tricks to combat brown and wholemeal bread flour’s tendency to density that also develop a full flavour
- Everything you need to bake a perfect loaf of brown bread
- Lucky 13 steps to creating a light and airy brown bread dough
- The secret to perfect oven ready brown bread
- The pastry chef’s secrets to perfect brown bread every time, including:
- Achieving a crunchy crust
- The two things you need to know to bake bread at altitude
- How to salvage your dough if things go wrong
- Learn the simplest kneading technique (with minimal effort) that you will ever use